Providing project management support for the delivery of all defects and remedial works to Accolade Park. Including the management and control of key contractors and the supply chain in the rectification of the remedial works. It included Engagement with key stakeholders such as the Environment Agency and HM Revenue & Customs, leading all health and safety operations and the delivery of all legal agreements.
PAINT INJECTIONS PLANT
Honda required project management services for the new build 2000 sq.m bumper paint facility which included a 100 sq.m mezzanine floor housing the spray booths; the installation of all process conveyors; air handling plant and a new 1MW substation.
Refurbishment of an existing hangar within Dyson's Hullavington campus to provide additional research and development space. The new facility will provide Dyson with additional workshops, a development laboratory, and welfare & kitchen facilities.
07A STRONG FLOOR PROJECT
The refurbishment of an existing materials testing facility for Airbus UK. The project included the installation of a concrete new services trench within the existing floor and the construction of several materials testing laboratories.
Our MISSION is to help you reach peak performance by providing management services that lead to lasting beneficial changes to:
GOT A QUESTION? WE HAVE THE ANSWERS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Time is the one resource on a project that, once lost, you can never get back. Here are the 5 actions which we take to ensure that your project finishes on time:
- We make sure that everybody on the project is made conscious of the importance of doing things on time - so that they can provide the right resources for timely completion.
- We start with the programmme; initially with little detail and a lot of assumptions about what may go wrong! We allow time for the things which we cannot foresee now. As we learn more about the project, we put the new detail in the project and replace our assumptions with accurate forecasts of the time required for each activity.
- We consult widely so that every party gets to see what they need to provide to others - and crucially what information they will need (and from whom) so that they can do their job on time.
- We produce very clear information on the programme - which is computer aided - and we encourage people to “shout” if they do not understand it.
- We resist change to scope of the works strongly (particularly during construction), so that delays are avoided.
If we stick to these 5 actions, in our experience, the project can be completed on time.
It is vital that a project is completed within the budget. Here are the 7 actions which take to make sure that this happens:
- In the first few days of a project we establish what we the Client wants and the programme within which it is required - these are the two main drivers of cost.
- As the design develops, we discuss the content of the project with the designers and test their confidence in the adequacy of their design.
- We also discuss the state of the design with the Quantity Surveyor and ascertain their confidence in the adequacy of their costs.
- Before it goes to tender, we take the designers and quantity surveyors through a lengthy checklist designed to establish whether there are any gaps or exclusions - these are usually items on which there are options about who does the design.
- Assuming that we find gaps or exclusions, we ask the team to establish a cost for each of them.
- Having completed this exercise, the only thing that remains to be done is to add a contingency sum for things that are “unforeseen and unforeseeable”.
- As the project progresses, we maintain strong discipline on cost control.
If we stick to these 7 actions, in our experience, the project can be completed within budget.
We like to prepare a project brief in conjunction with our Clients.
This means that you have the benefit of expressing what you want, while bringing our experience of other projects into play. We can help you to avoid errors or omissions from the outset.
Here are the four main actions we take to ensure that your project starts in the right way:
- In our opinion, a brief is not something which should be done by the Client in isolation. We have informal sessions with you to ensure that the brief is heading in the right direction.
- Where necessary we can bring in other people with the right experience to help with the brief. This may be the Architect, Engineers or a Contractor.
- We attempt to find the essence of a project so that you can identify what you are trying to achieve rather than how you are going to do it. This allows you to take account of changes to ways of working and advances in technology.
- We then bring the brief together by ensuring that the Client and the Design Team discuss the detail to check that it is sound in all respects.
If we stick to these 4 actions, in our experience, the project can start in the right way.
SGS College have worked with Provelio for around 15 years on many capital projects within Gloucestershire and Bristol.
Without question Provelio add value to every project by facilitating clear thinking during project conception, providing quality guidance during procurement and by providing diligent and focused project management throughout the design and construction phase.
I have no hesitation is recommending their services.
Andy Slaney, FRICS, BSc (Hons)
Chief Operations Officer - SGS College and SGS Multi Academy Trust
I wanted to write to you to say thank you for your efforts whilst with us.
You have left us in a much better place with the project. Good luck in the future and I am sure we will cross paths again.