A new state of the art research and innovation building within the heart of Swansea University's new campus. Forming part of the University’s College of Engineering the new building houses aerospace, mechanical, nanotechnological and chemical engineering disciplines. Facilities within the building include workshops, laboratories, conference rooms, office and teaching space and ICT suites.
A new build development project aimed at transforming the colleges Barnstaple campus. The new buildings include a new engineering block and lifestyle building which will provide training units for hospitality, tourism and beauty therapy. Facilities include workshops, teaching space, offices, commercial kitchens, beauty salons and ICT suites.
Refurbishment of a large 1960's Student Union building in the heart of the city centre. The aim of the project was to extend the life of the building through improving its environmental efficiency and refurbishing existing facilities such as the Student Union, swimming pool, teaching facilities and office space.
Refurbishment and extension to existing school building to provide additional teaching space to increase the school’s capacity. The project involved the delivery of 6 new classrooms, a library, after-school club facilities, a pupil calm room and additional office space for staff.
Our MISSION is to help you reach peak performance by providing management services that lead to lasting beneficial changes to:
GOT A QUESTION? WE HAVE THE ANSWERS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Time is the one resource on a project that, once lost, you can never get back. Here are the 5 actions which we take to ensure that your project finishes on time:
- We make sure that everybody on the project is made conscious of the importance of doing things on time - so that they can provide the right resources for timely completion.
- We start with the programmme; initially with little detail and a lot of assumptions about what may go wrong! We allow time for the things which we cannot foresee now. As we learn more about the project, we put the new detail in the project and replace our assumptions with accurate forecasts of the time required for each activity.
- We consult widely so that every party gets to see what they need to provide to others - and crucially what information they will need (and from whom) so that they can do their job on time.
- We produce very clear information on the programme - which is computer aided - and we encourage people to “shout” if they do not understand it.
- We resist change to scope of the works strongly (particularly during construction), so that delays are avoided.
If we stick to these 5 actions, in our experience, the project can be completed on time.
It is vital that a project is completed within the budget. Here are the 7 actions which take to make sure that this happens:
- In the first few days of a project we establish what we the Client wants and the programme within which it is required - these are the two main drivers of cost.
- As the design develops, we discuss the content of the project with the designers and test their confidence in the adequacy of their design.
- We also discuss the state of the design with the Quantity Surveyor and ascertain their confidence in the adequacy of their costs.
- Before it goes to tender, we take the designers and quantity surveyors through a lengthy checklist designed to establish whether there are any gaps or exclusions - these are usually items on which there are options about who does the design.
- Assuming that we find gaps or exclusions, we ask the team to establish a cost for each of them.
- Having completed this exercise, the only thing that remains to be done is to add a contingency sum for things that are “unforeseen and unforeseeable”.
- As the project progresses, we maintain strong discipline on cost control.
If we stick to these 7 actions, in our experience, the project can be completed within budget.
SGS College have worked with Provelio for around 15 years on many capital projects within Gloucestershire and Bristol.
Without question Provelio add value to every project by facilitating clear thinking during project conception, providing quality guidance during procurement and by providing diligent and focused project management throughout the design and construction phase.
I have no hesitation is recommending their services.