Isn’t it time you took your business to the next level?
Have you ever wondered why great businesses make everything look so simple?
If you analyse the performance of every successful business, you will find that they have a very clear mission and they design everything to contribute towards achieving those aims. You should do the same.
The only way you can develop your business to a “greater level“ than it is at the moment is to develop mastery of STRATEGY and CHANGE MANAGEMENT.
After all, developing a business means that you must look every process that you have and ask three questions:
- How effective is it?
- Would a world-class business do it this way?
- What would it take to improve it?
In addition, you might ask what processes are you missing? You can always learn from the best.
Every business that excels in its field adopts processes which are as simple as possible.
Don’t listen to all the myths, which say something like ‘90% of change management doesn’t work’. It does!
You should instead concentrate on the 10% where change is implemented perfectly. This is where your most successful competitors are - and it is where you need place your business.
Why invest in change management?
Today’s digital world changes quickly and it has seen customer expectations soar. The people you serve now are more likely to want services “around the clock”. They are used to accessing your website, are adept at social media and are used to using apps which keep the flow of information up to date.
But that is just the tip of the iceberg. The life-cycle of new products or services is becoming shorter and shorter. All of this means that the only way for you to complete, stay current and relevant is to continually improve your goods or services. That means that you must embrace change at all levels as the new “normal”.
How we can help you
Provelio is a Professional Practice that leads in the field of Change Management.
Successful businesses have a very strong view on strategy.
They have a strong desire to know precisely where they are heading and they plan to make sure that they get there. They recognise the importance of strategy and that they take action. They understand that if you know where you are heading and can see the big picture, you have a much better chance of achieving your objectives. In fact, having a good strategy is the only way of achieving those objectives.
We will work with you on a strategy that has powerful words - because words make a difference to the understanding of your customers. They also influence your people to deliver.
We will advise you on structure that suits your business.
You need your structure to be “slim and flexible” if you are going to succeed in the current market.
Goods or services
If you haven’t reviewed your products or services in the last few years, the chances are that they
are “behind the curve”.
We will review the products and services that you provide to ensure that they are at the “cutting edge”.
We will assess your working practices so that you will have a clear idea of which ones are:
- Efficient - They can remain (or just be improved a little)
- Inefficient - They need to be replaced
- Unnecessary – They can be dropped, without harming the business
Then we will help you to fix them!
We will assess the technology that supports your business to help you find the best-in-class systems or apps to deal with your data.
We’ll ask all the right questions
We will help you to seek answers to incisive questions about your business. We will help you get to the heart of why you’re doing things the way that you are. This is the first step in finding out how you can realise your long-term strategic goals. We will never suggest a change to your business unless we are certain that it the right thing to do to increase your efficiency and it is the right time to do it!
So if you want to take your business to the next level – start here.
Our MISSION is to help you reach peak performance by providing management services that lead to lasting beneficial changes to:
GOT A QUESTION? WE HAVE THE ANSWERS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Time is the one resource on a project that, once lost, you can never get back. Here are the 5 actions which we take to ensure that your project finishes on time:
- We make sure that everybody on the project is made conscious of the importance of doing things on time - so that they can provide the right resources for timely completion.
- We start with the programmme; initially with little detail and a lot of assumptions about what may go wrong! We allow time for the things which we cannot foresee now. As we learn more about the project, we put the new detail in the project and replace our assumptions with accurate forecasts of the time required for each activity.
- We consult widely so that every party gets to see what they need to provide to others - and crucially what information they will need (and from whom) so that they can do their job on time.
- We produce very clear information on the programme - which is computer aided - and we encourage people to “shout” if they do not understand it.
- We resist change to scope of the works strongly (particularly during construction), so that delays are avoided.
If we stick to these 5 actions, in our experience, the project can be completed on time.
It is vital that a project is completed within the budget. Here are the 7 actions which take to make sure that this happens:
- In the first few days of a project we establish what we the Client wants and the programme within which it is required - these are the two main drivers of cost.
- As the design develops, we discuss the content of the project with the designers and test their confidence in the adequacy of their design.
- We also discuss the state of the design with the Quantity Surveyor and ascertain their confidence in the adequacy of their costs.
- Before it goes to tender, we take the designers and quantity surveyors through a lengthy checklist designed to establish whether there are any gaps or exclusions - these are usually items on which there are options about who does the design.
- Assuming that we find gaps or exclusions, we ask the team to establish a cost for each of them.
- Having completed this exercise, the only thing that remains to be done is to add a contingency sum for things that are “unforeseen and unforeseeable”.
- As the project progresses, we maintain strong discipline on cost control.
If we stick to these 7 actions, in our experience, the project can be completed within budget.
We like to prepare a project brief in conjunction with our Clients.
This means that you have the benefit of expressing what you want, while bringing our experience of other projects into play. We can help you to avoid errors or omissions from the outset.
Here are the four main actions we take to ensure that your project starts in the right way:
- In our opinion, a brief is not something which should be done by the Client in isolation. We have informal sessions with you to ensure that the brief is heading in the right direction.
- Where necessary we can bring in other people with the right experience to help with the brief. This may be the Architect, Engineers or a Contractor.
- We attempt to find the essence of a project so that you can identify what you are trying to achieve rather than how you are going to do it. This allows you to take account of changes to ways of working and advances in technology.
- We then bring the brief together by ensuring that the Client and the Design Team discuss the detail to check that it is sound in all respects.
If we stick to these 4 actions, in our experience, the project can start in the right way.
SGS College have worked with Provelio for around 15 years on many capital projects within Gloucestershire and Bristol.
Without question Provelio add value to every project by facilitating clear thinking during project conception, providing quality guidance during procurement and by providing diligent and focused project management throughout the design and construction phase.
I have no hesitation is recommending their services.
Andy Slaney, FRICS, BSc (Hons)
Chief Operations Officer - SGS College and SGS Multi Academy Trust
I wanted to write to you to say thank you for your efforts whilst with us.
You have left us in a much better place with the project. Good luck in the future and I am sure we will cross paths again.